Below is a summary of rules you need to follow if you want to have an account on this server of Mastodon:
Keep it wholesome -- safe enough for kids and respectful enough for the Pope or any monk or nun.
Be a peacekeeper/peacemaker. No incitement of violence or promotion of violent ideologies.
Don't be a jerk. No harassment, bullying or doxxing.
Abide by the law. No illegal content whatsoever.
Be a good neighbor. Be helpful and kind. But do be honest too.
Code of Conduct
The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of masto.evelynyap.com; they are here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies:
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline:
2. Uncurated news bots posting from third-party news sources
3. Nudity, pornography and sexually explicit content, including artistic depictions
4. Gore and extremely graphic violence, including artistic depictions
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
1. Racism or advocation of racism
2. Sexism or advocation of sexism
3. Casteism or advocation of casteism
4. Discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, or advocation thereof
Xenophobic and/or violent nationalism
5. Spreading disinformation or conspiracy theories that undermine public health
The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in revocation of access to the service:
1. Sexual depictions of children
2. Content illegal in Germany and/or France, such as holocaust denial or Nazi symbolism
3. Conduct promoting the ideology of National Socialism
4. Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions, is also disallowed, and subject to punishment up to and including revocation of access to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviors:
5. Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that has specifically has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist may be considered harassment, regardless of platform-specific privacy tools employed.
6. Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission (informally called doxing or dropping dox) may be considered harassment.
7. Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist (informally called brigading or dogpiling) may be considered harassment.
8. These provisions notwithstanding, the administration of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access permissions, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.
"Cross-posting" is the automatic copying of posts from one platform to another.
That definition does not include the simultaneous posting to multiple platforms from the same app.
Cross-posting from Mastodon to other platforms is permitted. Cross-posting into Mastodon from another platform is permitted under the following terms:
1. The account is regularly monitored by the author, so that interactions from Mastodon users are not ignored.
2. The account being cross-posted is owned by the same person. Third-party copying of content is not permitted.
3. The account also posts non cross-posts.